What you need:
- 1 pound boned chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 5/8 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup dried vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 6 ounces corn kernels
- salt and pepper
What you should do:
- Put the chicken, stock and cream into a large saucepan and slowly bring to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for about 20 minutes. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the vermicelli in lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes until just tender. Drain the pasta and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and milk to make a smooth paste. Stir the cornstarch paste into the soup until thickened.
- Add the corn and the vermicelli to the saucepan and heat through.
- Transfer the soup to a warm tureen or individual soup bowls and serve.
More to press so, stay tuned.
(c) the rotten genius / (c)therottengenius